Below you will find answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not listed here, please call the shop at 352-528-3344 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Devil's Den Spring
Can I just swim in Devil's Den?
- Unfortunately, there is no general swimming. Devil's Den is a privately owned scuba diving training center that allows snorkeling, therefore, we have strict insurance regulations.
Can I make reservations?
- YES PLEASE!! Snorkeling is currently by RESERVATION ONLY! Scuba diving is first come, first served. We take reservations for all of our lodging accommodations as well, such as the tent spaces, the cabins and the RV park, which can be done under the "Cabins/Tents/RV" tab on the website.
What exactly do I need to go snorkeling in Devil's Den?
- Each person needs a mask, snorkel, and fins. You can either bring your own or rent them from us for an additional $10. If you only need one of the three required items, the cost is only $4 per item. By reservation only!
How old do children have to be to enter Devil's Den?
- Children must be 6 years of age or older and be extremely good swimmers as we don't allow any flotation devices. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent on site. If their legal guardian is not on the property, their parent must give permission for another adult to act as a chaperone and must complete the permission form found on the snorkeling tab.
I don't want to get in the water at all, can I just walk down the stairs and look at it?
- Unfortunately we cannot allow you down the stairs unless you are snorkeling or diving. The only entrance into the den is a narrow staircase that leads directly into the water. If anyone stops on the stairs for any reason, it is the equivalent of blocking a fire exit. In case of emergency, the entrance/exit to the den must remain clear at all times.
Does Devil's Den offer scuba diving lessons?
- We do not. Devil's Den is not affiliated with any shop/private instructor.
Do you allow pets on property?
- Pets and emotional support animals are NOT allowed on property. We have our own pets here that are territorial by nature and we do not want any confrontation. Pets are allowed in the RV park ONLY. Please keep your furry friends at home. Note: We make exceptions for service animals but for the safety of our pets as well as your own, we reserve the right to refuse admittance to emotional support animals.
If I can't swim, is Devil's Den still a good place to go?
- If you cannot swim, you will not be allowed in Devil's Den. Devil's Den is a 50 ft deep sinkhole with no shallow spots and we do not allow flotation devices. We recommend taking a few swimming lessons so that you're comfortable in deep water and come back to enjoy what Devil's Den has to offer.
Are there sharks/alligators?
- No. Devil's Den is a sinkhole. We are not connected to a river or ocean. The only critters that call Devil's Den home are a few fish and a small turtle named Nelson.
What if there is bad weather?
- In the event of severe weather (lightning in the immediate area, high winds, etc), we will ask guests to come out of the den and temporarily close it off until the weather clears. In the event of a tropical storm or hurricane, we close tent camping.
What are your hours of operation?
- We are open 364 days a year (the only day we're closed is Christmas Day). Mon - Thur 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Fri - Sun 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Is there anything else to do besides Devil's Den?
- Devil's Den is our one attraction on property. However, we highly recommend visiting either of our next door neighbors for additional fun! For the nature enthusiasts, Cedar Lakes Woods & Gardens is a beautiful Japanese botanical garden and for the thrill seekers, Two Hawk Hammock has a flying trapeze experience!