Devil's Den Spring
Can I just swim in Devil's Den?
- No, there is no general swimming. Devil's Den is a privately owned scuba diving training center that allows snorkeling. We are not a state park, therefore, we have extremely strict insurance regulations.
Can I make reservations?
- No. Snorkeling, Scuba diving, the RV park, and tent sites are all first come, first served. The only thing we take reservations for are the cabins which can be done under the lodging tab on the website.
What exactly do I need to go snorkeling in Devil's Den?
- Each person must have mask, snorkel, and fins. You can either bring your own or rent them from us for an additional $10. If you need to rent anything individually i.e. just fins, it's only an additional $4.
How old do children have to be to enter Devil's Den?
- Children must be 6 years of age or older and be extremely good swimmers as we don't allow any flotation devices. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent on site. If a parent is not present, court documentation must be presented in order to allow a guardian to sign a waiver on behalf of the minor. We reserve the right to refuse admittance without proper documentation.
I don't want to get in the water at all, can I just walk down the stairs and look at it?
- This is strictly prohibited at Devil's Den. The reason being that there is a narrow staircase that leads directly into the water. If anyone stops on the stairs for any reason, it is the equivalent of blocking a fire exit. There is only one entrance/exit to the den and it must remain clear at all times in case of an emergency.
Does Devil's Den offer scuba diving lessons?
- We have an on-site instructor who offers a scuba certification course. It must be booked in advance. Please call the shop at 352-528-3344 and ask to speak to Don for further information.
Do you allow pets on property?
- Pets are not allowed on property. We have our own pets here that are territorial by nature and we do not want any confrontation. Please keep your furry friends at home. Note: We make exceptions for service animals but for the safety of our pets as well as your own, we reserve the right to refuse admittance to emotional support animals.
I can't swim, is Devil's Den still a good place to go?
- If you cannot swim, you will not be allowed in Devil's Den. Devil's Den is a 50 ft deep sinkhole with no shallow spots and we do not allow flotation devices. We recommend taking a few swimming lessons so that you're comfortable in deep water and come back to enjoy what Devil's Den has to offer.
Are there sharks/alligators?
- No. Devil's Den is a sinkhole. We are not connected to a river or ocean. The only critters that call Devil's Den home are a few fish and a small turtle named Nelson.
What are your hours of operation?
- We are open 364 days a year (the only day we're closed is Christmas Day). Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday - Sunday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Is there anything else to do besides Devil's Den?
- Devil's Den is our one attraction on property. However, we highly recommend visiting either of our next door neighbors for additional fun! For the nature enthusiasts, Cedar Lakes Woods & Gardens is a beautiful Japanese botanical garden and for the thrill seekers, Two Hawk Hammock has a flying trapeze experience!
Below you will find answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not listed here, please call the shop at 352-528-3344 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org